Skip to main content
Travis Francesco.

At 9.01 10/10/2008 Travis Francesco was born. I cant help but marvel at what Ive helped create. To me my son is the most beautiful baby, Im sure all moms feel the same way about their babies but I cant stop looking at my baby and thanking God for choosing me worthy of this gift.


Here are some photos of his first hours.

Looking like his daddy


Those were just a few photos of the first moments, I will post more up as time permits. Below is the c-section birth story. Its a bit gory so dont scroll down if you would prefer to not read it.



















I didn’t think Ide need a C section but the night we prayed the baby would move down right away if it was his will and I got a peace that everything whatever would happen He was in control.


I arrived at the hospital at seven AM, After waiting for an hour for the doctors or nurses to arrive at the hospital, they finally showed saying we were late. For some reason I thought that we would have to settle some paper work first but instead got told to strip. They did the pre prep, poked around to find the blood. Just to make sure he hadn’t moved down last minute we checked the baby on the ultrasound, and no, he hadnt changed position. I had mentally prepared myself for at least Timmy to be with me during the caesarean but found out last minute that they don’t do that in Italy. I got all emotional then quickly steeled myself for this, it couldnt be too bad. The spinal wasn’t so bad, it just felt like a bee sting and soon my feet were feeling warm, the doctor started pulling on my skin and asking if I felt anything to which I answered yes, they started cutting pretty soon though and I felt pins and needles. For some reason could feel the cut, incision and the pull. As soon as they started the pulling, I started feeling pain. I tried breathing but soonfelt out of control.


The nurses say the same thing had happened to another nurse, her body rejected the anaesthesia as her muscles were tense. I personally believe its because they started the incision too early before the anaesthesia had much effect. I was told I handled it well at all even though I can remember screaming inbetween breaths, all the while thinking, ‘calm down Chris this must be how childbirth feels'. In a way I’m happy Tim didn’t have to see me lose it. They told me to breathe into the oxygen mask. The next thing I remember was the baby being brought to me, he was looking at me so grumpy and offended. I started crying then passed out again. I woke up later to find myself in a sort of in a hallway with doctors passing through, Right away I asked the nurse to see my baby, they told me he was downstairs being cleaned and just to wait.


After awhile I was wheeled out and taken down to my room where Timmy brought the baby. He was so calm, the nurses said I couldn’t breastfeed him until they got results for some blood tests.They said I didn’t get blood tested for hepatitis B or something, which was dumb as Ide be yellow if I had it, anyhow they would get the results at six and by then it would be too late. Screw that, I was going to feed him anyway so I had Joy help me hold his head, while I used one hand to breast feed. I was hooked up every which place so it was super hard. Every time a nurse came in I would have to hide his head and that would leave me back at square one. He finally managed to latch on for which I was thankful. As after that he slept on and on.


The next few days of recuperation was.... well.. another story in itself. I am counting my blessings as I saw others that are worse off then I am. I can walk around and take care of my baby. The end goal is the baby and he is healthy and happy

so PTLL....


Please continue to pray for my recovery. Will post more pics.

Comments

Leilani B'Smith said…
congrats Chris and Tim!
very very cute child you've spawned there.
Anonymous said…
congrats hun.. I hope ur recuperation is alriht.. he's such a chubby wittle man! luv u
Anonymous said…
Love you, babe. Real proud of you for being such a brave chic. Wishing u the best as u dive into motherhood. XXX
Our Family said…
CONRATULATIONS , superr happpppy for the both of you , YOur son is so good looking,
Ill be praying for your speedy recovery.
I read your csection story , you sure sounded brave
Love you tons
Keep me in your prayers ,Im due in Dec. and not looking forward to the delivery ha . KISSES
Boo ya said…
congrats Chris! i love you and the baby is so cute!
Marie said…
Congratulations cute little one, read your story, my daughter was also a C-section, much like yours...although an emergency delivery, very unexpected aswell, so i know how u felt.ha
But seeing your little one makes it all worth it, I know I'd do it all over again if i had to.
My body rejected the stitches after & it took forever for me to recuperate...so I'll be praying for your recovery to go well. God Bless!!
whacky said…
Congratulations, Chris & Tim! Will be praying for you.
Anonymous said…
Amazing .. was and still am praying for you Cris! I hope you're feeling ok now, and I hope you like the package that I sent for your sweet Travis Francesco. Hope you and Tim are able to get at least some shut eye. xx - Vida
thanks so sweet
Anonymous said…
Hey Chris,

I wandered onto your blog and it suddenly hit me, "Oh my Gosh, she must have already had her baby!" And what do you know, you had....like forever ago! Sorry for being such a lame friend but he's adorable and congratulations and I'm praying for you guys. Love you! xxx

-Lani
Anonymous said…
Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.